Monday, August 16, 2010

Just a little fishing...

I've been getting out here and there to fly fish without a whole lot to show for it. This weekend was my first big day of solid fishing since getting here. This weekend was a really good trip, however. I caught something like 14 fish (I honestly wasn't counting because there were so many tiny fish) but, every now and then all the stars would align and I'd catch a nice sized one. They were almost exclusively Arctic Grayling with the exception of two gorgeous rainbow trout. I took a guy from work with me (shown in two of the pics) and am quite proud of having taught him to fly fish in just a few hours. It took me months to learn to fly cast and he seemed to pick it up pretty quickly. I'm jealous. Anyway, it was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment