Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Is it Dark yet...?

So, we are still in Air Force lodging (fancy word for military hotels). They are telling us right now that it could be a month or so until we get a house. This wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the combined heat and absolute lack of darkness.

You can't open the drapes toget fresh air without inviting the never ending daylight! ARGH! It is so difficult to fall asleep. We find everyday that we are wide-eyed and running at 20 miles an hour when we realize it is like 11:30pm. It is torture. Today I checked into my new unit and saw where I'm going to work. In the process I also met several other people that all despise the eternal sunlight.

As for the house, we are hoping to get a house with an attached, heated garage. At first I thought a garage not attached to the house would be ok, and then I imagined me crawling out through waist deep snow to start my car 30 minutes prior to driving to work! Thanks, but I'll wait for an attached garage!

Hopefully we can get out and fish or do something this weekend. The current forecast is rain all weekend but we have to do something to post pics, and to enjoy some of the short summer. The temps are very tolerable 70's aside from the sunlight. I might have already mentioned that! It's hard to remember in my current delerium.

No comments:

Post a Comment